As an EVE Online subscriber, you must observe and abide by the rules of conduct and policies outlined below, as well as the End User License Agreement. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in the immediate termination of your account and you will forfeit all unused access time to the game. No refunds will be given.
- You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: petitioning with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or petitions; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.
- You may not use any abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language. (Alternate spelling or partial masking of such words will be reprimanded in the same manner as the actual use of such words.)
- You may not organize nor be a member of any corporation or group within EVE Online that is based on or advocates any anti-ethnic, anti-gay, anti-religious, racist, sexist or other hate-mongering philosophies
- You may not use “role-playing” as an excuse to violate these rules. While EVE Online is a persistent world, fantasy role-playing game, the claim of role-playing is not an acceptable defense for anti-social behavior. Role-playing is encouraged, but not at the expense of other player. You may not create or participate in a corporation or group that habitually violates this policy.
- You will report out-of-game issues regarding harassment, such as threatening phone calls or correspondence, to your local law enforcement officials or Internet provider. CCP will not reveal personal information about its subscribers to unauthorized individuals. We are not responsible for actions taken by our subscribers that occur outside the jurisdiction of our game servers or web site.
- You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in the EVE Online game world or using the EVE Online web site.
- You may not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations.
- You may not impersonate or present yourself to be a representative of CCP or an EVE Online volunteer.
- You may not advertise, employ, market, or promote any form of solicitation – including pyramid schemes and chain letters – in the EVE Online game world or on the website.
- You may not market, sell, advertise, promote, solicit or otherwise arrange for the exchange or transfer of items in the game or other game services unless it is for in-game sales of in-game services or items.
- The advertisement or sale of out of game goods and services not directly related to EVE online is prohibited. The only out of game goods and services which can be advertised or sold are the following: EVE forum signature creation, website and third party voice communication server hosting or EVE Time Codes.
- You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any illegal or pirated software or other contraband while you are using the EVE Online client, servers or website.
- You may not transmit or upload through the EVE Online client, server or website any copyrighted material that you do not own all rights to without the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.
- You may not create, provide or use any server emulator or other site where EVE Online may be played. You may not post or distribute emulators, software tools or utilities related to EVE Online without the express written permission of CCP.
- You may not attempt to play EVE Online on any server that is not controlled or authorized by CCP.
- You may not do anything that interferes with the ability of other EVE Online subscribers to enjoy the game or web site in accordance with its rules. This includes, but is not limited to, making inappropriate use of any public channels within the game and/or intentionally creating excessive latency (lag) by dumping cargo containers, corpses or other items in the game world.
- You may not engage in any activity that increases the difficulty and/or expense of CCP in maintaining the EVE Online client, server, web site or other services for the benefit and enjoyment of all its users.
- You may not publish private communications from CCP, their agents or representatives or EVE Online volunteers without authorization.
- You may not communicate, post or publicize any subscriber’s personal information within the EVE Online game world or website.
- You may not give false information or intentionally hide or withhold any information, including billing and contact information, when registering your EVE Online account subscription. You are responsible for keeping this information accurate and current.
- You will not attempt to decipher, hack into or interfere with any transmissions to or from the EVE Online servers, nor will you try to create or use any third party add-ons, extras or tools for the game.
- You may not share your account password with anyone. Infraction of this rule is done at your own risk. Further information on account transfers can be found in the EULA.
- You may not exploit any bug in EVE Online to gain an unfair advantage over other players. You may not communicate the existence of any exploitable bug to others directly or through a public forum. Bugs should be reported through the bug reporting tool on our website.
- You will use the CCP bug reporting tools in accordance with their policy and will not intentionally submit misinformation or hide information required by the bug report forms.
- CCP reserves the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary. Furthermore, we reserve the right to delete all user accounts or inventory of characters as warranted.
- We reserve the right to ban any user from the game without refund or compensation.
- If you are between 13 and 18 years of age, you must have the permission of your parent or guardian to before providing the personal information required to create an EVE Online game or website account.
- In compliance with The Children’s Online Privacy Act of April, 2000, we cannot provide subscriptions to individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not create an EVE Online account and you are not eligible to enter contests or promotions.
- You will not encourage others to break these rules or any rules set forth in relation to EVE Online’s game service or web site.
CCP MAY FIND IT NECESSARY ON OCCASION TO MAKE CHANGES TO OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF THE PERSISTENT GAME WORLD MECHANICS, INTERFACE OR FEATURES OF EVE ONLINE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN GAME BALANCE AND ENHANCE PLAYABILITY OR PERFORMANCE FOR ITS SUBSCRIBERS. THESE CHANGES MAY AFFECT OR CAUSE SETBACKS FOR THE CHARACTERS YOU’VE CREATED.
THESE RULES MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THEM OCCASIONALLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES, POLICIES AND AGREEMENTS DESIGNATED BY CCP.
BY SUBSCRIBING TO EVE ONLINE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT BY CCP OR ONE OF ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES MAY RESULT FROM FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES. SUCH TERMINATION WILL NOT ENTITLE YOU TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE USE OF THE EVE ONLINE CLIENT, SERVERS OR WEB SITE. YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY UNUSED GAME TIME REMAINING AT THE TIME OF TERMINATION.
YOU AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU GRANT PERMISSION TO ACCESS YOUR EVE ONLINE ACCOUNT OR USER INFORMATION. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL BE HELD PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (WHICH CAN INCLUDE ACCOUNT TERMINATION) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THE RULES DESCRIBED HEREIN.
IN ADDITION TO THE FOREGOING, YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL COMPLY WITH THE END USER LICENSE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS SET FORTH CAN RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF YOUR EVE ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION AND THE BENEFITS THEREOF WITH NO REFUNDS.
REVISED: 31 January, 2008
Top Contributors For This Page