All: Based on the Tukoss meeting of August 6, we have our work cut out for us to create actionable experiments. To that end, I am proposing a wholesale rewrite of the MD page.
I also think we should consider whether "Faiths and Philosophies of the Ancients" is better placed under the AR division. Most of the other stuff here is "hard science" - in my opinion it would be better placed there but I wasn't here for the initial discussion so I don't know what the original decision was.
Since I do not know much on that one I've left it off this rewrite, assuming we will put it in as-is if it stays.
I've attempted to rewrite the other items into two discrete, actionable projects (which I've chosen arbitrary names for, open to discussion) - one aimed at navigation and stellar cartography, one aimed at the Seyllin Incident and wormhole management. I also threw in one for "miscellaneous items" such as the Geztic shuttle.
Please pardon my obvious complete lack of Wiki-Fu and let me know your thoughts - if you like Dr. Tukoss said we could have Archivist support to redo.
- I've only had time for quick scan read but some great material here, good work. I agree regarding "Faiths and Philosophies of the Ancients", I think culture should rolled into the History departments. This material largely focuses on the Question 'What is Anoikis?', I think an equally important question we need to address is 'Where is Anoikis?' and will prepare some material on this later. Wyke Mossari 10:36, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with Mr. Mossari, sociology and philosophy is concern of Sleeper / Talocan History and Ancient Races. Pinpointing location of Anoikis is first logical step, because we can use it for better navigation and with this information and it will help us to answer the 'What is Anoikis?' question. Razz Skyshatter 18:52, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Perhaps I missed, or was unclear about, something I wrote. I believe the below does encapsulate the "where". Specifically under Passive Data Capture: "Compare skies, signals and times to objects with unique “fingerprints”, especially anomalies in the wormholes such as pulsars which can be used for non-gate interstellar navigation. These items taken together can answer the questions of where and when w-space is relative to New Eden (and if those values are changing)." Or, in short, grab the signatures (spectral and radio) in stars in the sky, not the local system star (that's just a bonus). This means that from a system in w-space, say, J140135, you could potentially spot bright objects in k-space, like the Eve Gate or bright and large stars like Angur. I actually think it is more likely that from New Eden, you could capture the signals from the pulsar in J140135 - in fact orientation and navigation for non-gate interstellar travel has long relied on orientation to various bright objects and stellar signals. In fact, this is my hypothesis for why they are so common in w-space - they are easily findable points from far distant places in the universe, and thus would be some of the first easy targets for Talocan interstellar jumps. If we find common objects in the sky, calculating distance and direction is relatively trivial math for a seasoned astrophysicist. If on the other hand we find absolutely no common objects, that tells us a different story entirely - one of unspeakably large distances or alternate universes. Rhavas 20:54, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Initial proposal: I initially propose taking full-sky spectral surveys of as many wormhole systems as possible, and sending them to Eifyr for comparison and analysis to all known spectral sources in known-space. Such datacrunching could be extensive, but it could be done with standard ship equipment. If the initial data manages to find even one matching spectral source, that could go a long way in determining precisely how far Anoikis is from known-space in the Cluster, even if we can't get a precise reading between the two spaces. Mark726 06:10, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
Welcome to the Multidisciplinary Division of the Arek'Jaalan Project, this Division conducts wide ranging research studies into fields that do not fall cleanly into the remit of other departments. Typically these are focused on hard sciences like chemistry, physics and navigation.
Current Research Projects
Create one or more approaches to navigate through Anoikis.
- Potential Solution: Creation of a navigable stellar map of Anoikis.
- Potential Solution: Capture, reverse engineer or create a wormhole generation device similar to that used by the Sansha, allowing long-distance targeted point-to-point travel.
Master Database: Enlist as many capsuleers as can be trusted to provide accurate data. Log every wormhole discovered including system loci, star data, wormhole type, system class, date and time of each. This database should be shared and updated as a single copy by multiple users to ensure quickest and simplest updating.
- Justification: Create enough data to make analysis of a navigable path from that data possible.
Passive Data Capture: As part of the enlistment process, equip each capsuleer working on the project with three devices: 1) Video and spectral monitoring, 2) X-ray and radio signal capture, and 3) Atomic clocks synchronized to a single point master clock in New Eden.
- Justification: Compare skies, signals and times to objects with unique “fingerprints”, especially anomalies in the wormholes such as pulsars which can be used for non-gate interstellar navigation. These items taken together can answer the questions of where and when w-space is relative to New Eden (and if those values are changing).
Ancient Technology: Conduct tests on Talocan and Sleeper technologies, particularly the Static Gates of the Talocan and the Rifts rumored to be attached to the Awakened Infomorphs. Collaborate with Sleeper Technology and Talocan Technology teams on this item.
- Justification: Potential to design a generation device that is unlike any we have seen to date. Potentially drives additional cultural understanding if successful.
Sansha Wormhole Generator: Gather as much information as possible on how this works, what its requirements for use are, and where it is located.
- Justification: In theory, this device has already resolved the question. Ideally direct study of the device would resolve this line of inquiry entirely.
Decode Anoikis Loci: Determine the meaning behind the loci and definitively and repeatably show its relevance.
- Justification: Deciphering this coding may be the key to navigation of the space.
Fourth Dimension Analysis: NEED SOME HELP HERE
Project Tesseract - Wormhole Initiation and Physics
- Understand how wormholes work, how they are initiated, and how they may be opened and closed.
- Understand the Seyllin Incident in physics terms with a goal of being able to prevent, initiate or control similar future events.
- Develop a holistic picture of why current wormholes behave in the manner that they do, including both Anoikis wormholes and the Sansha generated wormholes.
- Investigate the shattered planets for areas of concentration of Isogen or its decay by-products.
- Investigate other A0 Blue stars for potentially unexploded caches.
- Do in-depth analysis of A0 Blue stars, especially those with shattered planets, to look for commonalities and warning signs.
- Monitor existing wormholes and test specific mechanics regarding creation and stability.
- Review past report documentation including The Seyllin Report and captured video of unknown origin for information regarding “ten main sequence anomalies”
- In-depth understanding of the behaviors and relationships to A0 Blue stars and wormholes to Isogen-5
- Understanding of importance of A0 Blue stars vs. others.
- Understanding of triggering of Seyllin Incident, including whether it was a single Isogen event with a star backlash chain reaction or a multi-point quantum reaction at multiple locations simultaneously.
- Potentially determine role of various governments in lead-up to and reaction to the Seyllin Incident.
- Confirmation of the cosmological constant in all space: NEED SOME HELP HERE
Resolution of Anomalous Sites
- Review unusual sites not clearly under another division.
- Do necessary trial experimentation and create reports of consumption by all teams.
Sites Under Review
Geztic: INSERT DATA FROM LIBRARY HERE
- Status: Complete.
- Current Understanding: The Geztic shuttle still has enticing connection possibilities to the Sleepers, but while the shuttle now can be made to react, it still will not get too far from the star and the sleeper within has not awakened to our knowledge. We can reliably control the shuttle’s flight path for some time within its stellar distance radius.
Barkrik: The Hyperbole Nexus in Barkrik, near many of the ancient k-space Sleeper sites, is highlighted as an ancient communications system. Testing and review of this system may yield results that provide clues to Sleeper or other Ancient Races communication.
- Status: Under Development.
- Current Understanding: The Hyperbole Nexus is a key component of a no longer used communication network, presumably used by the ancient Sleepers.
Top Contributors For This Page