Scorpion Navy Issue
Although more mission runners swear by the Caldari Navy Raven instead of this one, the navy issue Scorpion is not to be underestimated by any means. It is a very worthy sibling to the CNR for a number of reasons:
1) With a shield resistance bonus and a full 8 mid slots, the navy Scorpion is able to fit an active shield tank completely unequaled by any other battleship including the navy Raven. This will allow the navy Scorpion to solo high-difficulty missions or complexes that the navy Raven would have trouble enduring without warping out and docking at some point to fully regenerate its shields. If all 8 mid slots are used for tank and faction equipment is used, a double-XL booster tank on a navy Scorpion with everything overheated and a full Crystal implant set can, at least temporarily, tank over 7000 DPS of omni damage, and that's without any gang links.
2) Most high DPS PvE battleships/marauders have rather light tanks and have to very carefully manage the aggro of enemy groups in missions to avoid getting overwhelmed, which often means that they are not able to launch their drones until a sizeable amount of the enemy forces are destroyed first since the rest would get aggroed. Because of the navy Scorpion's awesome tank, most of the time the pilot can just piss off everything in the area right when they enter the mission and launch their drones significantly earlier, to add that extra layer of DPS long before other ships can, and just bull through the incoming damage. There are very, very few missions where a navy Scorp cannot do this.
3) The two additional mid slots open up a host of new options for fit equipment, including target painters for pegging smaller vessels and afterburners/microwarp drives for getting through rooms faster.
4) The navy Scorpion has a longer base targeting range than the navy Raven. At max skills with no sensor boosting equipment the CNR can target ships at a bit less than 94km away, whereas the navy Scorpion can target ships at over 112km. Even without the Raven's missle range bonuses, at max skills cruise missles can still travel over 150km allowing the navy Scorpion to out-range the navy Raven unless the latter sacrifices some of its tank or DPS for sensor-boosting equipment.
5) Because of the current overwhelming popularity of the navy Raven, the navy Scorpion is significantly cheaper.
All in all, the navy issue Scorpion is not a ship to be ignored, and again proves that the Caldari are the ultimate masters of PvE.
Top Contributors For This Page