"May your plans be dark and full of tax money" - CCP Omen
Customs Offices allow importing and exporting goods to and from planets. This functionality is crucial for operating Planetary Interaction colonies.
The people who do Planetary Interaction can be completely unrelated to the corporation that owns the Customs Office, it all depends on how the Customs Office is configured.
Being the owner of a Customs Office in a busy system can potentially be very lucrative.
Most Customs Offices are owned and operated by Interbus. These offices can be freely attacked and destroyed. The purpose of this would be if you wish to erect your own office at the planet. Interbus Customs Offices will not be de-spawned, they will remain until destroyed by players, and they will not re-spawn after being destroyed.
Players attacking Interbus Customs Offices in high-sec will incur [|Suspect Flags], but no further penalties.
Customs Office Gantry
The player owned customs office is manufactured in two steps. First, the Customs Office Gantry must be manufactured from the Customs Office Gantry Blueprint Copy. The second step is anchoring and upgrading the Gantry in orbit around a planet. The upgrade consumes additional materials.
- The Customs Office Gantry (COG) blueprint copy is distributed via following LP stores
- The 24th Imperial Crusade (Amarr)
- The State Protectorate (Caldari)
- The Federal Defense Union (Gallente)
- The Tribal Liberation Force (Minmatar)
The blueprint is not available as an Original
- CONCORD LP STORE
- 20,000,000.00 ISK
- 6000 CONCORD LP
- FW corporations LP STORE
- 10,000,000.00 ISK
- 3000 LP
Material need to manufacture COG
- Integrity Response Drones 5
- Capital Construction Parts 1
- Organic Mortar Applicators 10
- Sterile Conduits 14
- Nano-Factory 10
- Broadcast Node 8
- Recursive Computing Module 8
- Self-Harmonizing Power Core 8
- Wetware Mainframe 8
- Shield: 10,000,000
- Armor: 500,000
- Structure: 300,000
- Volume 7600 m3
- Shield: 10,000,000
- Armor: 2,500,000
- Structure: 2,000,000
- 1 reinforcement cycle (activated on shield <= 25%)
- Reinforcement duration: 24 h + time until Reinforcement Exit.
- Shield will be 0% after the reinforcement mode ends.
- Once it comes out of reinforced mode, it will not enter reinforced again unless it is repaired above 25% shield
- A POCO in reinforced mode cannot be accessed or utilized
- InterBus Customs Offices have no reinforcement mode.
- Can be placed around a planet that is not black listed
- Can be placed no closer than 350km to a planet and no further than the distance to the warp-in point + 1000km
- There can only be one Customs Office per planet
- Cannot be placed at a moon warp-in point
- Cannot be placed close to Stations, Stargates or in Asteroid Belts
- Can be placed anywhere in orbit as long as the above rules are followed
Managing a Customs Office
Corporation role requirements
- "Anchoring" and "Upgrading" the COG requires the CONFIG EQUIPMENT role
- Configuring the the Customs Office and setting taxes require the STATION MANAGER role
- Customs Office ownership can be transferred to any player corporation, as long as the transferring character has the "Director" role or is CEO.
- It is important to note that you may not be able to warp to the C.O via the right click menu until a considerable time has passed, possibly after one down time. Presumably to enable the generic bookmarks to reset/ set.
- It is also important to note that updating of configure settings can take a LONG time.
Determine access and configure tax
- Access the "configure" window by right clicking on the Customs Office in space or in the corporation assets
- You don't need to be physically close to the Customs Office to configure it granted that you have the corporation roles required
- Your corporation must have access to the Customs Office, further entities are optional
- By allowing access through standing you can configure who can access your Customs Office and what tax they will pay
- Tax % is taken off the material's taxable value.
- This value is set by CCP and is based off the market values in November 2011
- Import is always half of export tax
- The taxable value are the same for all items in the same tier
- Advanced Commodities: 1,200,000.00 ISK
- Specialized Commodities: 60,000.00 ISK
- Refined Commodities: 7,200.00 ISK
- Basic commodities: 400.00 ISK
- Planet Resources: 5,00 ISK
- Custom tax rates can be set based on corp standings, as well as for alliance members or corp members.
- All Interbus Customs Offices, and Player Owned Customs Offices in High-sec, are subject to an NPC tax.
- This tax is 10% for export and 5% for import. This is then in addition to whatever tax the player owner sets if the Customs Office is in High-sec.
- The Customs Code Expertise skill can be trained to reduce this tax.
- When your Customs Office's shields fall below 99% you will get a notification so that you can defend it
- When your Customs Office enters reinforced mode you will get a notification that includes who put it in reinforced and when it will exit reinforcement mode
Destroying Customs Offices
- In the Crucible expansion, players can destroy Custom Offices in Low-sec, Null-sec and Wormhole space. Should a Customs Office be destroyed, then a kill mail will be sent to the owner and party laying the final blow.
- In the Rubicon expansion, players can make Customs Offices in High-sec as well. These structures are protected by CONCORD unless war is declared first.
- Corporations can edit re-enforcement timers in order to ensure that any Customs Offices that are under siege can be defended at the time of their choosing.
Top Contributors For This Page