The Cartel Prisoner Retention is a Cosmic Signature of the DED Complex (rated 8/10) type, occupied by the Angel Cartel pirate faction. It can be found via exploration by probing in Nullsec systems. For location details see Pirate Faction Occupancy Chart.
The site consists of a volume of space with an acceleration gate and contains various structures and their defending pirates. Using the gate allows access to other areas within the site. When attacked, the defenders may send multiple waves of reinforcements. Each group's appearance is triggered by the destruction of members of the previous group. The names and amount of ships listed may vary slightly, but will always be of Battleship class or smaller.
This site's acceleration gate allows only Battleship class ships or lower and their Tech 2 equivalents to enter the site.
Warp in message:
- 7 x (Destroyer) Gistior Defiler/Haunter
- 2 x (Battleship) Gist Malakim
- 1 x (Overseer Battleship) Watch Officer (Gist ?)
- 1 x Acceleration Gate (26km from entry)
- 16 x (Destroyer) Gistior Defacer/Defiler/Haunter/Shatterer
- 6 x (Battlecruiser) Gistatis Legionnaire/Primus/Tribuni
- 6 x (Battleship) Gist Malakim/Throne
- 1 x (Battleship) Gist Nephilim (Target Painter)
- 8 total battleships
- 1 x (Overseer Battleship) Angel Cartel Jailor (attacking aggros whole pocket) (wreck contains junk)
- 2 x Munition Storage (contains ammo)
- 1 x Acceleration Gate (37 km fromt entry)
- 1 x Guard Cantina (may contain trade goods)
- Group 1
- 4 x (Sentry) Angel Sentry Gun
- 3-4 x (Cruiser) Gistum Centurion/Phalanx
- 2 x (Battleship) Gist Malakim/Throne
- Group 2
- 12 x (Destroyer) Gistior Defacer/Defiler/Haunter
- 5 x (Battlecruiser) Gistatis Legionaire/Primus/Tribuni
- 5 x (Battleship) Gist Malakim/Throne
- 1 x (Overseer Battleship) Angel Prisonwatch Command (Gist Warlord) (wreck may contain ?)
- 1 x Acceleration Gate (45km from entry)
- 1 x Scramble Wave Generator (contains Security Cypher for Angel Prison and may contain Domination Modules)
- Group 1 (aggro on warp-in)
- 4 x (Sentry) Angel Sentry Gun
- 4 x (Sentry) Angel Stasis Tower (Stasis Webifier)
- 6-7 x (Frigate) Gistii Ambusher/Hunter/Impaler
- 5-8 x (Elite Frigate) Arch Gistii Outlaw/Thug (Stasis Webifier, Warp Scramble)
- 16 x (Destroyer) Gistior Defiler/Haunter
- 6-8 x (Elite Cruiser) Arch Gistum Centurion/Phalanx
- 7-9 x (Battlecruiser) Gistatis Legatus/Praefectus/Tribuni
- 1 x (Sentry) Angel Retention Facility (fires Exp Citadel Missiles) (Stasis Webifier) (Strong armor and shield tank, armor repairs stop if attacked from >32km) (Wreck often contains 21st Tier Overseer's Personal Effects, lower probabilities of Gist B-Type modules and Machariel BPC)
- Group 2
- ? x (Frigate) Gistii ? Some of the Frigates in Group 1 go here. How many?
- 5-6 x (Battleship) Gist Malakim/War General
- 1 x (Overseer Battleship) Angel Prison Warden (Gist ?) (wreck may contain ?)
- Structures (some have loot)
- -The biggest threats in the first three rooms are the stasis towers, which can be killed quickly. Note
- There ARE tackling frigs in the last room, 5 or more Arch Gistii frigates and lots of incoming damage
- -The combination of 4 stasis towers and 5 tackling frigs in the final room are an extremely dangerous combination. The stasis towers will immobilize you instantly. By the time they are destroyed the tackling frigates will have closed much of the distance to the warp-in point. Furthermore, the warp in beacon places you about 2km within its 32km web radius.
- -Before warping into the final stage, it may be helpful to sort your overview by ship type or name, this will make it easy to quickly target the stasis towers and elite frigates.
- -The Angel Retention Facility has a strong shield repair and 60% explosive shield resists. The shield has 0% EM resist. Be sure to switch from your explosive ammo (best for taking down Angel ships) to EM ammo (best for destroying this structure)
Bounties, Loot, Rewards
Total bounty payout for the pirates in this site is estimated at 22 million isk. The 21 Tier Overseer's Personal Effects are worth 80 million. Additionally the station may drop Gist B-Type Modules, Domination Modules, and 1-run Machariel Blueprint Copies. Multiple high-value drops could easily exceed 2 billion isk. Pilot Jormunrekk has reported, that over 50 runs, he received 12 Machariel BPC, placing the drop rate at around 20%.
Listed below are some examples of modules reported to be found at the site:
- Gist B-Type Hardeners
- Gist B-Type Boost Amps
- Gist B-Type 100MN Microwardrives
- Gist B-Type Shield Boosters
Site was easily tanked with a large shield boosting (Pith A-Type / DG Shield Boost Amp) tengu with 1 Invuln, 1 Explo Hardener, 1 EM Hardener, 10MN AB)
Recommend you do this with two ships capable of tanking as the final retention facility takes quite a long time to kill.
Top Contributors For This Page