How to make Eve-Online utilise a RAM disk
If you have a 32bit Operating system and more than 3.25Gb RAM you will not be using all that RAM - this can be utilised by utilities such as SuperSpeed 9
- If your RAM disk is set to be h: and you have installed eve to c:\games\Eve, make yourself a .bat File [i.e. RAM-EVE.bat]
- @echo off
- Set ram=h:\
- set Char=noone
- if NOT "%1"=="" set char=%1
- set home=%ram%%char%
- mkdir "%home%\Local Settings\Application Data\CCP\EVE"
- mkdir "%home%\My Documents"
- Set USERPROFILE=%home%
- Set HOMEDRIVE=%home:~0,2%
- Set HOMEPATH="%home:~2%"
- Start "EvE" "c:\games\eve\Eve.exe"
- Create a shortcut and when it asks for the target point it at this batch file and add a character to the end of it i.e.
- c:\games\RAM-Eve.bat CharacterName
- Run eve by the use of this batch file - you can have several short cuts all with different names and this will keep all the setting separate- DO NOT forget to back this drive up as your settings will be lost after a power cycle [unless you automaticlly save the contents of this drive]
Top Contributors For This Page