See also: Review destroyers (CSM)
- Title: Destroyer Improvements
- Raised by: Z0D
- Submission Date: 2 Dec 2009
- Issue ID: ???
Destroyers are underused in PVP and PVE. While their low cost may make them attractive in certain situations (Factional Warfare and Suicide Ganks), they do suffer from issues.
The main problem is that with the exception of the Thrasher, they cannot be fit properly. This is especially a problem for new players, which lack the skills to reduce fitting costs of weapons and modules, and I believe that destroyers should be a very attractive ship choice for New Player PVP and PVE due to their low cost and relative ease to train the required skills to fly it.
The thrasher is by far the most popular destroyer, but it is also the only one that can properly fit all its guns and modules. All other destroyers are inferior and undesirable ships, and should be brought in line to at least the thrasher's level.
- Improve Powergrid of Catalyst and Comorant
- Review the destroyer bonuses, catalyst should have optimal, thrasher should have falloff bonus, etc
- Look into survivability issues (too high sig, too low HP)
- Look into ROF penalty
Relevant Forum Threads
CSM Meeting Minutes
Top Contributors For This Page