Red Vs Blue (RvB)
Currently RvB is in it's second war, based in Onirvura Constellation in The Forge region.
The First War: 2008
The project originally began in late 2007 with war starting in 2008 and was active for approximately 12 weeks. The project was organised and lead by Plave Okice.
The Second War: 2009 - Present
Planning for the return of RvB began approximately two years after the end of the first war going live of the 30th of September 2009, again under the guidance of Plave Okice. It was a blood bath. In the first month alone just under 7000 ships were destroyed with Blue and Red corps being 2 and 3 (behind GoonFleet) in the total kills for that period. Over time rules were formulated governing the use of ECM (to give better fights) and outlawing podding of RvB members (to protect the wallet, for particularly newer players) keeping the focus on high-octane PvP. Plave Okice left for another project a short time after the second war went live which preceded the passing of a number of CEOs for both corps over the coming year. At the end of the summer 2010 the command structure was overhaulled with Del DelVechio taking office as CEO of both corps. RvB has never looked back.
In the summer of 2012, having overseen RvB's member count increase by an order of magnitude, Del DelVechio stepped down from his role as CEO of the two corps handing responsibilities over to Delucian (Red Federation) and Tim "AFK" Pest (Blue Republic).
The region in which RvB operates periodically changes to keep things fresh and interesting. Currently RvB can be found in The Forge. Red HQ is currently the Expert Housing Foundry in Otela at planet II. Blue HQ is currently the Sukuuvestaa Corporation Production Plant in Liekuri at planet VI, moon 4. Whilst the HQ of each corporation tend to dictate the most active areas for RvB, combat is allowed anywhere in The Forge EXCEPT Jita and members are not limited to storing their ships in their corporation's HQ.
Rules and Regs
RvB has several rules that must be observed by all pilots:
1. No Podding RvB members.
- Lots of fights! Over 60,000 ships destroyed in 2011 alone. Both Red Federation and Blue Republic in 2011 each have more than twice the number of kills of ANY corporation in New Eden.
- Something for everyone: Pilots of all ages, from 2003 to 2011.
- Tournaments, competitions and free-for-alls keep the action fresh, many with the ships even provided - all to keep you creating explosions.
- FCs on both sides trying to get good fights, not hot-dropping in half a dozen guardians as soon as you engage.
- Prizes often donated by senior members for competitions and raffles - ranging from GTCs to faction ships.
- Rules designed to promote fun fights and keep those attribute boosting implants safe.
- Open door policy. Come and go as you please (applications accepted within 24hrs but normally much faster)
- No commitment. You can be involved as much or as little as you like. And no one will demand you turn up for POS seige after seige.
Roughly every week, RvB Legend and terrible FC Mangala Solaris runs a null-sec roam which is open to all comers, not just RvB members. These roams are themed each week around one or more ship types and occasionally guest FCed. Conventionly run on either a saturday or sunday evening (UTC), the fleet is lead into which ever part of null-sec the FC desires in search of trouble and comedy in equal measure and generally doesn't return until everyone in the Fleet is dead. In addition to all the madness, spot prizes are regularly handed out courtesy of Somer.Blink.
Details of forth coming RvB Ganked can be found on the RvB Events page.
Alliance Tournament IX
The summer of 2011 saw RvB enter two teams into the alliance tournament, one from each corporation. Both teams made it through the selection stage. Unfortunately Blue Republic were drawn against the eventual "runners-up" Outbreak and despite winning their second qualifier were unable to get through. Red Federation fared better making it into the group stages, being involved in three of the closest fights in the group stages but ultimately only winning one.
Top Contributors For This Page