- Title: FW Complex Spawning Part 2
- Raised by: Z0D
- Submission Date: 2 Dec 2009
- Issue ID: ???
In 2008, Ankhesentapemkah raised this issue for the first time. It was found that Factional Warfare plexes, which are required for system occupancy, hardly respawn during the day but are redistributed at downtime. This makes it possible to capture whole systems by only capturing plexes right after downtime, while people that wish to contribute during the rest of the day have to spend tremendous efforts to make any noticable difference.
It also leads to plex herding, a tactic where players move plexes until they are all stacked up in one system, and then capture these all at once. Another tactic used is opening up large amounts of plexes (but not capturing them) right before downtime so they disappear and are redistributed at downtime, to make the post-downtime impact even worse.
CCP said they had a new distribution system ready and that this would be implemented right after apocrypha, but so far, all of this proved idle talk.
- Do not redistribute plexes based on downtime mechanics
- Move plexes during the day
- Have minium and maximum amounts of plexes per system, to prevent them all piling up and to guarantee that there will be something during the day
Relevant Forum Threads
CSM Meeting Minutes
Top Contributors For This Page