Policy is a term referring to the processes and rules observed involving the creation, editing and management of articles on the EVElopedia as well as treatment of other users. This is to be distinguished from a guideline which suggests etiquette and practice to make management and presentation of the EVElopedia more consistent and streamlined.
Violating an EVElopedia policy will, at the very least, lead to a page being edited to conform to policy. Edits or new pages that are created that do not conform to a specific policy are subject to change by another user (assuming that change conforms with policy) without expectation of appeal to an administrator, as is all content within the site; however, it may also lead to the page being deleted or, for the worst offenses, it may lead to the poster being banned or blocked. Treatment of users who engage in destruction of content, harassment, or misuse of content (spam) is also governed by policy.
These are the policies for using EVElopedia:
Read and understand them before using the EVElopedia.
- You must have an active EVE Online game account to edit and create articles on the EVElopedia.
- Your EVElopedia account is linked to your game account. If you are suspended or banned from the game or forum, you will not be able to edit or create pages on the EVElopedia.
- Posting of images is allowed:
- Images may be posted if they are directly relevant to the EVElopedia article and follow the size and filesize restrictions. The EVElopedia accepts images up to 5MB and they must be relevant to the article or it will be removed.
- Be respectful of others at all times.
- The purpose of the EVElopedia is to provide a wiki platform for EVE Online players with active accounts to share their knowledge of EVE with other users. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others.
- Private communication between CCP representatives or EVElopedia staff and users is not to be made public on the EVElopedia or the EVE Online forums or by any other venue.
- You are not permitted to publicize any private correspondence (including petitions) received from any of the aforementioned.
- Warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the EVElopedia or the official EVE Online forum.
- Such matters shall remain private between CCP and the user. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail. If you have a dispute with another wiki contributer or a EVElopedia moderator, please contact email@example.com.
- Immediate banning from the EVElopedia can result from any of the following:
- EVElopedia policy strictly prohibits the posting of pornography; discriminatory remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; excessive obscene or vulgar language; edits which discuss or illustrate illegal activity; providing links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.
- Spamming or Vandalism of the EVElopedia is prohibited.
- Spam is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other users. Vandalism is any addition, removal or change of content made in a deliberate attempt to compromise the integrity of EVElopedia. The most common types of vandalism include the addition of obscenities or crude humor, page blanking or the insertion of nonsense into articles.
- Any good-faith effort to improve the EVElopedia, even if misguided or ill-considered, is not vandalism. Even harmful edits that are not explicitly made in bad faith are not considered vandalism. For example, adding a personal opinion to an article once is not vandalism — it's just not helpful, and will be removed or restated. Not all vandalism is obvious, nor are all massive or controversial changes vandalism.
- If you find that another user has vandalized EVElopedia, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Users who vandalize EVElopedia repeatedly despite warnings to stop will have their EVElopedia editing privileges revolked.
- Do not post about bugs and exploits.
- Bugs and exploits should be reported through the proper method by filing a bug report for our Quality Assurance department. You can find the form here. Issues discovered while playing on the test server should be noted in the Test Server Feedback forum. Discussions about unverified problems in the game can cause unnecessary panic in the community. When there is an issue the community needs to be aware of, we will make an official statement about it on the EVE Online forums and/or via the in-game news.
- Impersonating another EVElopedia user, moderator, volunteer, administrator or CCP employee is strictly prohibited.
- You are expressly forbidden from impersonating anyone else, including those named above, on the EVElopedia, forum or in the game, even in jest. This may be grounds for permanent loss of your EVElopedia editing privileges and possibly your EVE Online account as well.
- All pages and edits must be about or related to EVE Online.
- Posts about other games or game companies, products or services not related to EVE are not permitted.
- You may not post advertisements.
- Posts discussing or linking to online auction sites or the sale of in-game goods or services for real money are strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid using profanity or words that may cause offense to others.
- Disputes which cannot be resolved between EVElopedia users and moderators may be arbitrated by the EVElopedia administrators.
- To discuss problems or concerns, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
- Please use English when using the EVElopedia.
- Please use English when editing or creating new pages on the EVElopedia as a courtesy to other players. Edits or pages that contain other languages will be removed.
- No posting of personal information.
- Please respect the privacy of other EVE players and do not give out information such as phone numbers and addresses.
- You may not use the EVElopedia to recruit for your corporation or alliance.
- The EVElopedia is an information resource. Whilst you are permitted to submit an article about your corporation or alliance it is to remain factual.
Top Contributors For This Page