What is the Buddy Program?
The Buddy Program allows existing subscribers to send an invitation to try EVE Online to friends, family and fellow gamers. The trial time starts from the time of activation and it ends 21 days later regardless of actual time logged on the game.
Terms and Conditions of the Buddy Program
- Each paying account (trial accounts do not qualify for this promotion) can send Buddy Program invites.
- Only accounts created through this emailed invite are valid for this offer. Be sure your friends use the invite to create their account in order for you to earn your game time when they subscribe to EVE Online
- Eligible subscription activations can be funded by Credit/Debit cards, PayPal, WebMoney Transfer, paysafecard, ETC, PLEX, Nexon, Ukash and iDeal.
- Payments not eligible for this offer: Direct Debit, CD Keys, including CD Keys purchased or received from non-CCP sources and online stores such as, but not limited to: Steam Store, Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate, and Impulse Driven.
- You will need to have a paying account once your friend purchases an EVE Online subscription to receive your reward of a PLEX or 30 days.
- Some promotional offers are excluded as a form of activation for the Buddy Program; you will need to refer to each promotional offer’s Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that once your Buddy purchases an EVE Online subscription, your reward may take up to 24hours to be applied.
- CCP reserves the right to restrict eligibility for some rewards according to certain criteria, including but not limited to minimum account age or minimum client log-in time of the inviter.
- Scamming in any way or form through buddy invites is prohibited and violations of this rule will be handled accordingly by EVE Online Customer Support. Action will be taken against players who violate this rule and sanctions may include warnings or bans of the offending accounts.
- Abusing the Buddy System is considered an exploit and will not be tolerated. Incidents will be handled on a case by case basis and action taken may include bans for all accounts involved and/or confiscation of ISK and items. Abuse includes, but is not limited to; farming gifts, making throw-away alts for grief-play purposes.
Why use the Buddy Program?
The Buddy Program offers an extended trial period. New players signing up with a buddy invitation will have 21-days to experience EVE Online. As an added incentive, for each buddy that converts to a monthly subscription, you’ll earn 30 free days of game time or a PLEX.
How do I send invites?
- Log into: https://secure.eveonline.com/Buddy/
- Click on the "Send Invites" banner.
- Send an e-mail invitations, or upload the public invitation link to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Reddit, or copy the link to a web site of your choice.
If you wish to view past invites, go to the "Buddy program" drop down menu.
Done with the trial and looking to Subscribe?
To extend your account once the trial time has expired, use any payment method. You can use a game time card or a PLEX or go to the Account Management section and login with the username and password of your account. Hover the mouse over the "Game Time" drop down menu and select "Add Game Time". From there you can sign up for a permanent subscription. Note that the first charge will be $19.95 for the account extension and purchasing EVE, after which the regular subscription prices apply. You do not have to buy a copy from a retail store to become a subscriber.
Abuse of the Buddy Program
Abusing the Buddy System is considered an exploit and will not be tolerated. Incidents will be handled on a case by case basis and action taken may include bans for all accounts involved and/or confiscation of ISK and items.
Abuse includes, but is not limited to; farming gifts, making throw-away alts for grief-play purposes.
Top Contributors For This Page