This article is written from an in-character/roleplay perspective. If you wish to contribute to this page, please refrain from making out-of-character (OOC) references.
The Media Relations & Information Dissemination Department of the Arek'Jaalan project serves as the communication specialist and analytic sector for the project. Our goal is to ensure timely, efficient, and concise internal and external communication to ensure information is delivered to key decision makers throughout the organization as well as to key media personnel to promote as much transparency as possible without jeopardizing project personnel, assets, or departments.
Official Releases and Resources
Press Releases and Newsfeeds
- CONCORD has issued a warning to all Arek'Jaalan members via our mailinglist not to interfere with, engage in or even get close to any complexes and CONCORD operations in the Monalaz constellation. Until the matter has been clarified by EC, SEC and MRID, that constellation is off-limits for Arek'Jaalan pilots. Any pilot found going there at this point is by no means sanctioned by the MRID, EC, SEC, or any entity within Arek'Jaalan. This will be done of their own volition and will not be condoned by this project.
- The matter has been discussed in an extensive EC/SEC/MRID meeting. Results may be found here.
- CONCORD Petition: Code Aria Inquiry (In progress)
- RD has requested a petition to CONCORD, attempting to effect the partial declassification of sections of the Code Aria Inquiry that may hold merit to RD's current research.
- All the sections in question are outlined here.
- Ideally all information from verbal communication that is relevant to the project, be it in one of the Arek'Jaalan channels or elsewhere, should either be entered into the library or division pages directly, or forwarded to someone who can take care of it. The respective division leads tend to be the best address for that.
- Should there be a representative of the Interstellar Correspondents or other media outlets around, please acquit accordingly, and try not not say anything that could portray AJ in a controversial light. This, amongst other things, includes openly smearing other members of the project, their ethnical background or their research. Note the difference between "smearing" and critique or productive feedback.
- The Arek'Jaalan main channel should always be treated with this kind of care, as theres is no way to say for sure no correspondents are present.
- Document contents that are relevant to the project or its divisions should either be entered into the library and/or division pages directly, or forwarded to someone who can do it for you. Again, usually those will be the division leads. If the document is hosted externally, a link referring to it is ideal.
- Mails sent via the AJ mailing list ideally should be kept short and to the point.
- The AJ mailing list is not a place for discussion, please keep the number of mails sent to a minimum and take the discussion to channels or the respective division discussion sections on this portal.
Media Relations Protocol
- To minimize the risk of negative publicity, it is preferred for official releases on IGS or other public media platforms to be channeled through or reviewed by MRID prior to their release.
- Official Forum Letterhead
Top Contributors For This Page